Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Design and a commission

You may have been wondering what on earth I've been up to. As usual, I've been busy with more than one thing, struggling to find my focus in the chaos that I call my working life. But I also took a wonderful break from things for the festive season and feel refreshed, enthusiastic and optimistic about the year ahead. An update about some of the things happening at the moment are as follows:

1. I have finished my commissioned A0 (1088 x 840mm) size painting for Optima Training in Pretoria. I did it in mixed media (of course) including acrylic, pastels, bits of cut paper, Mendal 90 and stone shavings. The actual composition and content was presented in a digital presentation before I started painting, with the globe representing Optima's global vision and the different colours reflecting their corporate colours that fit in with every division or aspect of the business, their objectives and activities in South Africa as well as many other countries.



2. I am currently busy reworking and changing the illustrative logo design for the Heart Space Community Centre. The initial version was the following, but will be changed within the next week or two.



3. Ecojunki - have a look at the beginnings of the website! I am currently meeting up with people who create rescycled art, and also creating a range of my own for ecojunki. Plurge, the poster publication with eco-focused illustration & photography, is also still in the pipeline, and the following illustrations are part of the new identity (of which the branding side is being overseen by CommArt):



4. Butterspider - if you don't already know about it, my sister and I are teaming up as freelance team offering writing, editing, design and illustration services. We're currently trying to decide on our logo:


For a more visible, bigger version go here and also feel free to contact me with your opinion and thoughts! Our first two projects are logo designs for Write to the Point and EcoDoc Africa. Some of the options that we created are shown here, although we're still in the production process.


Copyright Butterspider 2009


Copyright Butterspider 2009

5. I am starting to work on the conceptual basis for my first solo exhibition, as well as working on new work to be exhibited as part of this exhibition entitled 'Scapes' or 'Land(scapes]'.

No comments:

Post a Comment