Friday, February 12, 2010

Don't miss this exhibition

Philippe Kayumba

'faces'


Serge Portrait, 2010
Oil on canvas, 44 x 34cm

"May to September 2009 was a very inspiring period when I started to think a lot about people who have been important to me and influenced me a lot, both as a human being and as a painter.

After this contemplating period, I decided to paint every faces which came back to my mind at this time, faces which are still either inspiring me or haunting me.

This is like a journey back in the years when I was living in RDC (Congo), back into the years when I was a student in Art, back into the years when I decided to become a soldier like other teenagers, or more recent events like when I met my son for the first time.

I decided to paint faces like if I were still a child discovering people and life, paintings with rough lines and bright colors."
The exhibition opens on Monday, 15 February at 18:00, at VANSA's Spin Space, 8 Spin street, Cape Town

See the VANSAwebsite for more information.
I hope I see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment