Monday, May 31, 2010

Exhibitions and a bug





A recent commission for Heyns and Partners Inc. for their Cape Town branch in Keerom Street.

So, current exhibition that I'm participating in:

African Oddyssey at Raw Vision Gallery, Sir Lowry
Road, Woodstock, Cape Town (Almost diagonally accross from the Michael
Stevenson, and just down the road from Blank Projects)

VAN-guard Winelands Group Exhibition, opening on 8 June 2010. My work will be exhibited at Durbanville Hills, Western Cape.

South Africa at the Gallery at Duncan Yard, cnr. of Duncan &
Prospect Street, Hatfield, Pretoria.


I am, of course, still working on artworks for the exhibition "Dare to dream in silent moments". Lucy Skinner and I are exhibiting our work under this title or theme in September at Wessel Snyman Creative, at 17 Bree Street.


...And giving art classes on a Monday and Tuesday evening from 5pm-8pm in my studio in Woodstock. Interested? Send me an email at art@janetbotes.co.za for more info!

In the meantime I am also hard at work at managing Ecojunki (http://www.ecojunki.co.za/) and Arteviate (http://www.arteviate.blogspot.com/), keep an eye and ear open and let me know if you'd like to help or get involved!

And now for a bit of randomness:



While on my way to White Rabbit Studio in Gardens (Cape Town), I saw this old Volksie in Lingen Street. I started chatting to the owner of the beetle, who was right there at the moment! Miro Kloosterman is from the Netherlands, if I remember correctly, and after living in Cape Town for a while he is back in Europe. Now he is selling this very cute and charismatic VW beetle for R10 000. If you're interested, contact Richard watson at 0737800566.

No comments:

Post a Comment