Monday, September 13, 2010

Black and Green...



When you break open one of those old 1.44 MB stiffie disks, this is what you find - without the cut out patterns of course... I hand cut patterns, letters and shapes into these stiffie inners and put small magnets on each to create some funky fridge magnets. You can get them at the Fringe Arts, which has their current pop-up shop at the V&A Waterfront, in Alfred Mall.


I did a mirror for the Habitat for Humanity Mirror Project, shown or run at the Home Expo at the CTICC during the first weekend of September. Yup, the green one. A mixed media piece that included lasercut wood, found wood, discarded items, Mendall (the premixed polifilla that I often use in my work) and also two hanging hooks for clothing or necklaces that adds functionality to the mirror.

...and now I'm off to work on the final works for next week's exhibition! Don't miss it... opening 23 September at 7pm at Wessel Snyman Creative, 17 Bree Street, Cape Town. My performance art piece will be at 8pm. The exhibition will run until 13 October.

No comments:

Post a Comment