Friday, November 5, 2010

A quick little update



So things are going really well. I am now happily married (*shy smile*), and I am working harder than ever on my dream and my passion - which is a combination of art (in so many of its forms and shapes!) and nature. I am currently planning an exhibition in Vanderbijlpark for May 2011, with Mark Shaun Hopkins, and currently I am also getting involved with a project for a recycle centre/swop shop in Khaylitcha (oops, sorry - Khayalitsha - I always misspell it!) using tyres, earth and clay, by Tierra Construction - read more about it on the Ecojunki blog... And looking for artists and people who'd be interested in joining in on a voluntary basis to help with the 'finishing' and 'pretty-up' phase of the project -whether it be by sharing ideas, or hands-on!

I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands dirty - Nick from Tierra has mentioned that the clay can be made quite thick, or very runny, and this has SO many possibilities for having fun, being creative and being part of something that's bigger than any of us would have been able to achieve on our own. Awesome... We're also considering doing wall mosaics with glass that we'll get from Waste Plan, so even MORE opportunity for artists to get involved!

If you're interested in helping out, contact me at art@janetbotes.co.za or Nick at info@tierraprojects.co.za.

In the meantime I am of course still playing around with watercolour, as well as charcoal, and starting to give informal, encouraging art classes. So keep an eye on this space for more on those at a later stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment