Friday, February 8, 2013

Find your Song



The music is louder and clearer 
to some of us than for others. 
Some people have a drumbeat 
that their life bounces to, 
while others people's days 
are entangled 
as the strings of a broken harp, 
or flowing 
on the throaty tune of a wooden flute. 

We each have a rhythm, 
a song, a spirit song. 
Open your ears, 
open your heart, 
open your mind 
to the notes, 
beat or melody 
of your call to dance."

Janet Botes, February 2013

This poem was written during a writing course that I've been taking, called "Write On". I strongly recommend this course, these sessions have been very inspiring and uplifting! The confidence that I'm developing in my writing is flowing over to my visual art too, so I'm endlessly grateful to Amy's (as the facilitator) encouragement and guidance. Here's the info for Write On:


Write On
Because Everyone Has a Story to Tell. Workshops, Groups & Courses in Unblocking Creativity, Self Expression & Finding Your Voice through Writing. Based in Cape Town, South Africa. Contact us at writeonsouthafrica@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment