Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Current Experiments and Expressions

At any particular time I usually have to put in time and effort to clear space on my studio table. I am always surrounded by unfinished works (it's a curse!), experiments, natural materials from a recent walk or the garden, notes, quick sketches, and other bits that contribute to the chaos in my studio. Often I have gems hiding in unexpected corners because of this, and sometimes I am able to group together things that really work well together. Here's a selection of some of the many things that are currently occupying surface space in the studio:

A beautiful richly-coloured soil from the garden. I have no idea what I would like to do with it, I might end up making it finer with my mortar-and-pestle, and taking a photo of it strewn onto a piece of glass - then using the photo in the Nuances work I am currently working on. 


Some abstract sketches, possibly in preparation of some of the bigger works for my exhibition:



More bits of 'work in progress'



One of the pieces of seaweed from my recent Gordon's Bay sessions, now stitched onto paper with brown thread:


Detail from a large mixed media artwork in progress:



No comments:

Post a Comment