Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Change is (almost) always good

If you've been on my blog before, you'll notice that things have changed quite a bit. I have not been posting updates often enough, since I upload all my new artworks onto my website, and most onto my Facebook page. I also post updates on the Art.Love.Nature site and my Instagram feed. Which leaves this blog neglected.

Something else I've also been neglecting is my writing - which has over the years included art reviews, poetry in both Afrikaans and English, rantings, musings and other writing about my experiences, my art, my life, the environment and society. These pieces of writing are hiding under stacks of other unfiled papers, it's creased and crunched between art materials and old painting rags, and it's not been categorized, documented or catalogued in any way before now.

So.... As with all things in life, change is the only constant. This blog is now dedicated to documenting and cataloguing my writing work (those that I'll retrieve from all corners of our home, as well as new work). It will be categorized or 'tagged' according to whether it's just a snippet/work-in-progress or a literary work that I deem completed. It will include all kinds of writing, text, words, contextualizing, conceptualizing and often some pretty emotional or somewhat aggressive expressions. 

The more things change the more they stay the same... I will, of course, add images, photographs and illustrations to some of these written works, especially if it helps express my message or thoughts more effectively.

I hope you stay on this journey with me, or if you're just joining, I hope that you'll enjoy this new journey with me! Namasté fellow earthling!

No comments:

Post a Comment