Tuesday, August 6, 2013

New work: A Perspective On Time


A Perspective on Time
Mixed Media on wood/board
36.8 x 32.3 cm (unframed)
2013

Part of my Beach Meditation series, which are inspired by land art that I created by placing or arranging found pebbles on the beach. Each of these land art pieces were made as a prayer or meditation. 

This particular painting is focused on time - the rings of circular 'sun' design being divided into 12 sections for the months of the year, into 24 sections for the hours within a day, and 28 lines symbolizing a moon cycle. The focus of this particular 'meditation' is about using our time wisely in ways that support our goals, priorities and dreams. 

I've been giving a lot of time away freely the last few years, and I've also wasted some time on doing things that made me neglect my own needs, as well as the people I love. I am learning to find a balance in the way that I spend my time, making sure that everything I choose to spend time on, is done for and with the right reasons and intention. 



2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your approach to your artworks and your art very much. I can relate to your experience, it is great when we become aware that the reasons we do some things often are not for our own good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Imke! Your work is an inspiration to me, and your encouragement and support for my work touches me deeply and profoundly. Thank you!!!

      Delete