Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A belated HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have been spending the past few weeks recovering my motivation to work. I spent about 5 weeks just absorbing, exploring, enjoying, relaxing, spending time with the people I love. Now I need to start expressing my experiences and how they have changed or influenced me - it is a time to reflect and represent feelings and meanings of my now broader sense of environment - I have traveled overseas for the first, and definitively not the last, time in my life!

Here is a small(ish) selection of the many photographs I took:












































This year also starts with some exciting new changes and news:
  • I'm (finally) having my first solo exhibition. It will be hosted by State of the ART gallery in Cape Town. The exhibition opens on 5 June. Keep an eye on this blog, or subscribe to my newsletter for updates.
  • I now offer commission work in the style and techniques that I use to create the Nuances series of works - read more.
  • I am planning to do more land art, as well as environmentally-conscious or 'green' art this year.
  • I am consolidating all my different work and services, thus focusing my efforts and resources. What does this mean? I am rebranding within the next few weeks (hopefully) or months (if weeks fail). Keep an eye on my website, newsletter and this blog to see what I mean!
  • I am creating new Nuances works, inspired by my Turkey and Egypt trip. The first of these show the Mountains of Egypt's Sinai desert, close to Dahab and Sharm El Sheikh. 
  • Before I make too many promises, let's stop right here...

Sandboarding down a dune in Egypt!

2 comments: